O’Neill Service Group is seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with 2 to 5 years of experience focused on geotechnical projects, but with additional skills in civil and/or environmental disciplines.
OSG is a leading provider of Quality Control/Assurance, Environmental, and Engineering Services on heavy-civil transportation projects in the Puget Sound Region. Our projects focus on improving critical transportation thoroughfares that significantly impact our region. Our experienced team of more than 90 engineers, scientists, inspectors, and technicians work collaboratively to support our clients from design and permitting through construction and commissioning. OSG prides itself on maintaining small firm values while providing large firm professional development opportunities, expertise, and resources. OSG currently maintains a strong backlog of projects that will be implemented over the next three to five years. We envision these projects will provide excellent career development opportunities while minimizing employment uncertainty concerns.
The successful candidate for the Geotechnical Engineer will have the opportunity to use their skills and passion to help grow our existing practice and design our path into the future. In addition to leading the direction and growth of the team, you will be part of a dynamic range of projects with opportunities for career advancement and great benefits.
Depending on your assignment and skill set, you may perform the following work under the supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer (PE):
- Perform geotechnical engineering analysis and calculations for heavy civil projects
- Field reconnaissance
- Field logging and managing drilling program for a variety of projects
- Field inspections of drilled shafts, soil nails, soldier piles, tiebacks, and shoring
- Review test results and make recommendations
- Preparation of soil reports and proposals
- Perform various other geotechnical engineering tasks
- Shoring design
- Must be knowledgeable of site work and earthwork construction techniques
- Strong mathematical proficiency in geometry, algebra, and trigonometry.
- Must be detail oriented
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing correct application and interpretation of written materials such as policies, manuals, plans, specifications, survey requests, and instructions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with diverse groups.
- The ability to work as part of a team, follow instructions, and accept constructive feedback; as well as, efficiently work independently.
- The capability to work any shift including evenings, weekends, and overnight stays to meet required job functions.
- The ability to lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds of various materials and equipment.
- The ability to traverse uneven and steep terrain adjacent to traffic and heavy equipment, using normal ranges of sight and hearing.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass F&R’s pre-employment screening including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- 2-5 years field experience in heavy civil work.
- EIT/EI is preferred, but not required
- Previous experience in related areas (geotechnical engineering, CMT, etc) is preferred
- Strong project or task management skills, including scheduling, execution and follow-up
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both oral and written
- Ability to successfully manage numerous assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and within a team environment to achieve goals
- Good standing driving-record
- Ability to travel to remote job sites in the State of Washington.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- 100% coverage for medical/dental/vision benefits for employees and 50% for dependents
- 401k with an employer match
- Life Insurance with short- and long-term disability available
- Company vehicle
- Continuing education and certification coverage
- Cell phone and gear reimbursement
What makes O’Neill Service Group special is the opportunity to come aboard a young, vibrant, quickly growing business that has secured a backlog of work for the foreseeable future. If you are ready to take a step forward and see how your background can build a career instead of just a job, please respond to email@example.com with your resume, references, and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
O’Neill Service Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. www.oneillsg.com