O’Neill Service Group is seeking an Engineer-in-Training for heavy-civil construction in the fields of construction management and quality assurance as well as geotechnical, stormwater, and environmental engineering. The successful candidate will have a general interest and educational background in one or more of these fields. A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, degree from an accredited college, and an EIT certificate are preferred, though other backgrounds will be considered.
OSG is a leading provider of Quality Control/Assurance, Environmental, and Engineering Services on heavy-civil transportation projects in the Puget Sound Region. Our projects focus on improving critical transportation thoroughfares that significantly impact our region. Our experienced team of more than 90 engineers, scientists, inspectors, and technicians work collaboratively to support our clients from design and permitting through construction and commissioning. OSG prides itself on maintaining small firm values while providing large firm professional development opportunities, expertise, and resources. OSG currently maintains a strong backlog of projects that will be implemented over the next three to five years. We envision these projects will provide excellent career development opportunities while minimizing employment uncertainty concerns.
Depending on your assignment and skill set, you may perform the following work under the supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer (PE):
- General inspection on highway construction projects including materials inspection and testing.
- Document construction inspections to ensure projects are in conformance with contract plans, permits, and regulations.
- Interpret data, identify problems, and develop solutions using sound engineering judgment and guidelines on complicated transportation projects.
- Field observation of geotechnical work activities such as shoring, deep foundations, and shallow foundation subgrade conditions.
- Assist with design and development of plans, specifications, and estimates working in both the office environment and doing field exploration.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and drawings under the supervision of a licensed professional engineer.
- Effectively utilize engineering principals and processes as well as design software to complete designs.
- Communicate orally and in writing with contractors, designers, other team members, support offices, and the public.
- Preparation and evaluation of geotechnical, hydrologic, and hydraulic design reports, environmental documents, access control plans, design estimates, right-of-way plans, contract plans, specifications, and special provisions.
- Plan and schedule location surveys for construction projects.
- Write memos, reports, and contract specifications; prepare inspector schedules; monitor project expenditures and budgets; and maintain records.
- Instruct, direct, and review support staff in performing complex automated drafting and entry level design.
- Strong mathematical proficiency in geometry, algebra, and trigonometry.
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and schedules.
- Demonstrated ability in utilizing correct application and interpretation of written materials such as policies, manuals, plans, specifications, survey requests, and instructions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with diverse groups.
- The ability to work as part of a team, follow instructions, and accept constructive feedback; as well as, efficiently work independently.
- The capability to work any shift including evenings, weekends, and overnight stays to meet required job functions.
- The ability to lift and manipulate up to 50 pounds of various materials and equipment.
- The ability to traverse uneven and steep terrain adjacent to traffic and heavy equipment, using normal ranges of sight and hearing.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Prior exposure to design, construction, traffic, program management, or other transportation engineering related experience.
- Experience with MicroStation (CADD), InRoads (Geometric Design), P6 (Scheduling), PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- An engineering degree from an accredited college and an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- 100% coverage for medical/dental/vision benefits for employees and 50% for dependents
- 401k with an employer match
- Life Insurance with short- and long-term disability available
- Company vehicle
- Continuing education and certification coverage
- Cell phone and gear reimbursement
What makes O’Neill Service Group special is the opportunity to come aboard a young, vibrant, quickly growing business that has secured a backlog of work for the foreseeable future. If you are ready to take a step forward and see how your background can build a career instead of just a job, please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references, and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you.
O’Neill Service Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. www.oneillsg.com