O’Neill Service Group (OSG), a growing local business, is interviewing for a Washington State Registered Professional Engineer. Engineering Disciplines can include Civil Engineering including specializations in Structures, Hydraulics, Construction Management, or Materials Science. OSG has a certified materials testing laboratory and mobile laboratories to support major civil infrastructure projects.
OSG has an immediate opportunity for a Professional Engineer in our Redmond office. The position would provide technical support to our Sound Transit and WSDOT hard bid, design/build, and General Contractor/Contract Management (GC/CM) projects. The position would assist with our ASTM, A2LA, and WABO certified materials laboratory, help mentor our EITs and assist with marketing and management efforts. This is a mid-level position with significant room for advancement.
- Mentor and develop junior engineers and inspectors in design and materials science
- Assist in the delivery of high-quality project work on schedule, within budget, and meet the clients’ satisfaction.
- Provide engineering advice to the management of the OSG materials laboratory.
- Development and stamping of Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control (TESC) plan sheets and their associated Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP).
- Provide technical expertise on select project aspects associated with conceptual engineering, detailed engineering designs, including overseeing and checking the work of EITs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or related engineering degree
- Washington State licensed P.E.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in transportation infrastructure or other heavy civil infrastructure, report preparation, construction plans, specifications, hydraulics and/or estimate preparation.
- Experience or familiarity with project scheduling, cost management, inspection and testing services.
- Ability to read, understand, and provide recommendations on the construction of complex transportation infrastructure, large scale transit, highways/local streets, light-rail, vertical construction projects, and/or aviation projects.
- An interest in assisting in the pursuit of transit, municipal, private and DOT projects within the Pacific Northwest.
- Strong in written, communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership for complex or unique assignments.
- Experience with computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Excel and Word as well as common civil engineering software such as AutoCAD, InRoads, MicroStation or equivalents.
- Prefer candidate with:
- Experience on civil and transportation projects within the Puget Sound area
- Experience working in association with a materials testing laboratory.
- Laboratory experience in construction materials, including soils, aggregates, steel, and concrete.
- Experience with one or more of these clients: WSDOT, Sound Transit, City of Seattle, Port of Seattle, King County, and/or private vertical construction experience.
- Background in multi-discipline construction, such as roads, bridges, highways, transit, water & wastewater, stormwater and stormwater treatment designs.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals that are dependable, thorough and who have excellent communication skills. Our commitment is to provide quality through every phase of the project; regular attendance, good technical skills and an eye for detail are required.
O’Neill Service Group is a small business based in Redmond Washington. We offer highly competitive wages, medical and dental benefits, 401K and paid holidays in line with industry standards. What makes O’Neill Service Group special is the opportunity to come aboard a young, vibrant, quickly growing business that has secured a backlog of work for the foreseeable future. If you are ready to take a step forward in your career path, instead of just getting a job, please respond to email@example.com with your resume illustrating your education and experience.
O’Neill Service Group, is an equal opportunity employer.